Murder mystery authors Kylie Logan & Shelley Costa coming to Mentor Library
Authors Shelley Costa and Kylie Logan have written several books and short stories between the two of them, often of a murder-mystery variety.
Costa is the author of the Val Cameron mystery series. Her writing has been nominated for both the Edgar and Agatha Awards. She’s also received a Special Mention for The Pushcart Prize. Meanwhile, Kylie Logan is the national bestselling author of The League of Literary Ladies Mysteries, the Button Box Mysteries, the Chili Cook-Off Mysteries, and more.
During a charming and insightful interview, they discuss the importance of voice, setting, and resilience. They also share their personal experiences with agents, publishers, rewrites, and almoooost getting a TV deal. We also chat about those delicious Cozy Mystery titles. This is a great video for both mystery fans and those who would like to write them!
Our special thanks to Shelley, Kylie, and moderator Rachel Coxon.
By the way, we love a good mystery at Mentor Public Library, and we’ve hosted several of our favorite mystery authors over the years. You can see our interviews with them (and, in a few cases, their entire talks) on our YouTube channel, including:
- Karin Slaughter, author of the bestselling Grant County and Will Trent series
- D.M. Pulley, author of The Dead Key and The Unclaimed Victim
- Jane Ann Turzillo, author of Wicked Women of Ohio and Unsolved Murders & Disappearances in Northeast Ohio
- Vivien Chien, author of The Noodle Shop Mysteries
- Brad Ricca, writer of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes: The True Story of New York City’s Greatest Female Detective and the 1917 Missing Girl Case That Captivated a Nation