What equipment is involved?
- 3D printer: Raise 3D N2
- Filament: PLA (1.75 mm) plastic filament
What do I need to know?
- Your use of the 3D printer is subject to the library’s 3D Printing Procedures and Terms of Service.
- 3D printing is available to anyone 18 years or older with a Mentor Library card in good standing.
- The Library may refuse to print 3D models that clearly contain errors or that are, as determined by Library staff, beyond the capabilities of the Library’s equipment.
- Cost: $1.00 per hour of printing. The Library will round up by the ¼ of an hour (ex: 1hr 9min equals 1 ¼ hrs or $1.25). A cost estimate can be generated prior to printing. This is only an estimate and the exact cost will be determined after the print job is complete.
- File Format: .STL
- Size: Object must be smaller than 10″ x 10″ x 10″
- Resolution: Standard quality = 0.15 mm layer heights. High quality = 0.10 mm layer heights. Fast quality = 0.25 mm layer heights.
- Filament: Library-supplied. No custom filament or custom colors will be accepted. MPL currently has Black, Blue, Red, and White colored filament.
- Maximum Print Time: 10 hours
- Melting Point: 190 degrees**
- Payment: Credit card, cash or check accepted on pickup of the completed object.***
- Pickup: Upon completion, projects must be picked up from the Reference Desk within 7 days.****
**Be aware that due to the composition and melting point of the filament, projects may not be weather-proof or suitable for some household applications.
***Payment is due upon pickup of the completed project. If a project cannot be completed due to mechanical error on the part of the 3D printing machine, you will not be charged.
****If you fail to pickup and pay for a project within 7 days, the cost of the project will be added to your library card account.
3D Printing Resources:
Digital 3D Object Repositories
3D Printing CAD Software