What do you want to make?
Earrings? Custom t-shirts? Engraved drinking glasses? Music videos?
You can use the new and emerging technologies at The HUB’s makerspace to craft what you imagine! It contains:
- Laser Engraver
- Cricut Maker
- Vinyl Cutter
- Sublimation Printer
- Poster Printer
- Button Maker
- Green Screen Studio
- Comb Binding
- Heat Press
You can use any or all of these machines to make the project of your dreams. You don’t need to be a student at Mentor High School or even a resident of Mentor. All you need is a CLEVNET card in good standing.
How does it work?
- Before you use the Makerspace for the first time:
- Read the Makerspace @ The HUB Terms of Service and Mentor School’s Makerspace Pricing and Policy documents.
- Complete and submit the Makerspace @ The HUB User Agreement (PDF/DOC)
- Make a reservation by filling out THIS FORM or clicking the button below.
- Users with reservations will be given priority over walk-in users. Staff and equipment availability cannot be guaranteed for walk-in users, so making a reservation is highly recommended.
- Reservation requests will be reviewed by HUB staff members in the order that they are received and as quickly as staff availability allows.
- A library staff member will contact you to confirm your reservation. When possible, staff will supply an estimate for the cost of your project.
- Come to The HUB at your reserved time and create your project.
- All costs associated with your Makerspace use must be paid before you are permitted to remove your project from The HUB.
What do I need to know?
- Your use of the Makerspace is subject to the library’s Makerspace @ The HUB Terms of Service and Mentor School’s Makerspace Pricing and Policy.
- Makerspace use is available to anyone with a CLEVNET library card in good standing.
- Users under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian whose valid library card is in good standing.
- Users under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult while inside the Makerspace.
- Maximum time in the Makerspace per person per day: 2 hours
- Cost: The cost varies by machine. See Makerspace Pricing @ The HUB for pricing information.
- When possible, the Library will provide a cost estimate prior to the patron’s Makerspace use. This is only an estimate, and the exact and final cost will be determined upon completion of Makerspace use.
- Payment: Cash and credit card payments are accepted and will be due upon completion of Makerspace use. Users are not permitted to remove their project from The HUB until all associated costs have been paid.
- Materials: In most cases, users are permitted to bring in their own materials for use in the Makerspace. However, staff must approve the material before it’s used. In some cases, materials may be purchased directly at The HUB. See Makerspace Pricing @ The HUB for pricing information.
- File Format: Supported file types vary by machine. See the Machine-Specific Information section below for details.
- Project Size: The size of projects you can make at the Makerspace varies by machine. See the Machine-Specific Information section to the right for details.