Please contact the library for help at:
Ask a Librarian is Mentor Public Library’s virtual reference service. Patrons may email questions to our librarians.
Please note: Mentor Public Library may decline to answer any question if it determines that the question is inappropriate or if MPL does not have the necessary expertise/ resources.
What we will answer:
- General reference questions
- General and directional questions about the library
- Questions about the use and operation of our computers and other online library resources (such as Overdrive, etc.)
- We will accept: Print, 3D print requests, item recommendations, Zoom meeting room requests, etc. using the appropriate forms on our website.
- Librarians will give evidence-based answers (not opinions)
What we will not answer:
- Requests for legal, medical, financial, or tax advice.
- Verification and editing services for papers, projects, citations, or the like.
- Questions that are intentionally inappropriate.
- Questions from tests or exams and in-depth assistance with writing papers or theses.
- Librarians cannot enter patron’s personal information into a website (like credit card information, social security number or other logins)