MPL Librarian Ariel Johnson and Mentor High School Student Technology Leader Steven Dohm introduce you to databases and apps that can help students of all ages when they return back to school.
All of them are free to use with their library card or have a freemium version.
The resources they talk about include:
- LinkedIn Learning – a database filled with video courses led by professionals that can help you improve almost any skill
- NoveList Plus – a wonderful resource for finding your next favorite book
- Kids InfoBits – an online encyclopedia made with kids in mind
- Points of View Reference Center – an excellent resource for researching all aspects of controversial topics
- Very Short Introductions – a great place to start researching any topic
- DuoLingo – a freemium app that will help hone your foreign language skills
- EasyBib – a bibliography generator that makes citation simple
- Khan Academy – a spectacular free resource with courses on math, science, computing and more
- Quizlet – flashcards and games designed to help you master any subject
- Sleeping Tools
Join us next month for another Appy Hour! The next session will be at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 21. And for more on our digital services and databases, check out our Digital Spotlight.