Mentor Public Library to begin auto-renewals
Mentor Public Library now automaticall renews borrowed books, movies and more.
This allows you to enjoy your books, music and videos longer and decrease the likelihood of fines.
There are a few exceptions to this policy. Items will not renew automatically:
- If another patron puts them on hold.
- If the cardholder owes more than $10 in fines.
- The item has reached the maximum number of renewals.
- If the item is digital like an eBook, eAudiobook, streaming music or video.
- If the item is not available for renewal like hotspots, eReaders, ukuleles, traffic cones, and the too-hot-to-hold books and videos in the library’s collection.
All other items will automatically renew
Here’s how it works: If an item isn’t on hold and can be renewed, it will renew two days before its due date, starting from its due date. That means you will get a full additional loan period for that item.
Click here for more information on loan periods and renewals at Mentor Public Library.