We’re hosting donation drives all year as part of our 200th anniversary celebration.
This October, we’re collecting items for Forbes House, the only domestic violence shelter in Lake County. Forbes House provides a safe, nurturing place for survivors of domestic violence and their children to get the help they need.
You can support Forbes House and its clients by donating items from its wish list at our Main, Lake and Headlands Branches, including:
- Laketran bus passes
- laundry detergent pods
- hair brushes
- $10 gift cards (gas stations, grocery store, Target, Walmart)
- cleaning supplies (trash bags, Lysol wipes, liquid hand soap, mops, brooms, dust pans, magic erasers, and non-bleach floor cleaner)
- medicine (Benadryl, cough drops, cold and cough medicine, Tums, fever and pain reliever capsules
- baby supplies (baby formula, children’s toiletries, monitors, wipes, diapers, pull-ups, fitted crip sheets, and onesies)
- clothing (new women’s shoes, tops, underwear and clothing of all sizes, especially things that can be worn for a job interview; little boy’s underwear and socks)
- household items (paper towels, toilet paper, facial tissue, napkins, freezer bags, plastic wrap, and laundry baskets)
For more information on Forbes House, you can visit its website.
By the way, our Year of Giving continues all year. The calendar is:
January – McKinley Community Outreach CenterFebruary – Medwish InternationalMarch – Lake/Geauga Recovery CenterApril – Lake County Free ClinicMay – Hannah’s HomeJune – Lake Humane SocietyJuly – Project HopeAugust – Torchlight Youth Mentoring AllianceSeptember – Lake County Council on AgingOctober – Forbes HouseNovember – Broadmoor/Deepwood
Thank you for giving if you can! And check here for more ways you can enjoy 200 years of Mentor Public Library.