We’re hosting nine free computer classes at our branches this October, including classes on email, Facebook and Microsoft Excel.
The classes at our Lake Branch include:
- basic email skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14. Learn how to send emails and attachments, as well as reply to other people’s emails.
- basic Internet skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 21. Learn how to navigate the Internet. Participants will need to know how to use a keyboard and a mouse for this class.
The classes at the Main Branch include:
- Microsoft Word—Flyers, Pictures & Drawing Tools at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 26. Learn how to use Microsoft Word to create flyers, manipulate pictures, and to effectively use Word’s Drawing Tools.
- Excel I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 26, and again at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27. In this class, people will learn how to describe a worksheet and its function; create a basic worksheet and learn how to save it to disk; apply simple formulas to perform calculations; apply simple formatting; and explore options for printing a simple worksheet. (Microsoft Word experience necessary.)
- introduction to Facebook at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- Excel II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27, and again at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct 28. Learn how to create and copy formulas and functions; understand relativity when working with formulas and functions; recognize and troubleshoot errors in formulas and functions; insert, delete and resize rows and columns; and use advanced printing features.
- Excel III at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 28. Learn how to hide and freeze columns and rows, use print area and print titles, conditional formatting, and how to create and format charts.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required and starts two weeks before each class. Anyone can register online or by calling us at (440) 255-8811.