Discussing Dementia: How to Have the Tough Conversations
Earlier this week, a representative from the Cleveland Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association offered advice on how to broach difficult subjects with a loved one who is experiencing dementia, including:
- how to encourage them to see a medical professional
- when it’s time to give up the car keys
- how to make medical and financial plans for the future.
That program can now be watched in its entirety in the video embedded above.
Additionally, we’ve hosted other programs that can help families dealing with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. They are still available to watch on our YouTube channel.
- Understanding Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Legal & financial planning for families affected by dementia
- Discussing dementia: the symptoms & what you can do
- Discussing dementia: challengers for caretakers
- Discussing dementia: helping with hoarding
- Discussing dementia: repetitive questions
- Discussing dementia: the ethics of dementia