Thrity Umrigar is a delight.
She visited our library recently to talk about her newest tale and first children’s book, When I Carried You in my Belly.
Then she graciously stayed afterward to answer a few of our questions.
- how a bout of turbulence inspired When I Carried You in my Belly.
- her core tenets for parenting and why it’s important to not just love but respect your kids.
- the role that connection and isolation play in her writing.
- her reaction to Bob Dylan winning the Nobel Prize for Literature. (Umrigar is a big Dylan fan.)
- about her affection for Dav Pilkey, the creator of Captain Underpants.
Umrigar is the first of several authors visiting us this year.
We’re hosting four more phenomenal writers:
All of these talks/readings are free and open to the public. But space is limited so we do ask that you register beforehand. You can RSVP by calling us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 216.