Amanda Flower Interview: Meet the mind behind the mysteries
Bestselling and award-winning writer Amanda Flower is the mind behind more than 30 mystery novels, including The Magical Bookshop Mysteries, The Amish Candy Shop Mysteries, and the Magic Garden Mysteries – many of which you can borrow from your library.
She discusses her newest mystery, “Mums and Mayhem” as well as:
- what inspired her Magic Garden Mystery series
- what “the English” get wrong about Amish communities
- her favorite job ever (and why it involved wearing a pink checkered ball gown)
- where she finds joy and peace of mind during a global pandemic.
By the way, we love a good mystery at Mentor Public Library, and we’ve hosted several of our favorite mystery authors over the years. You can see our interviews with them (and, in a few cases, their entire talks) on our YouTube channel, including:
- Karin Slaughter, author of the bestselling Grant County and Will Trent series
- D.M. Pulley, author of The Dead Key and The Unclaimed Victim
- James Badal, author of In the Wake of the Butcher about the Kingsbury Run Torso Murders. (The linked video includes several graphic crime-scene photos and may be upsetting to some people.)
- Jane Ann Turzillo, author of Wicked Women of Ohio and Unsolved Murders & Disappearances in Northeast Ohio
- Vivien Chien, author of The Noodle Shop Mysteries
- Brad Ricca, writer of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes: The True Story of New York City’s Greatest Female Detective and the 1917 Missing Girl Case That Captivated a Nation