Queen Elizabeth II has been in the news more than usual with the recent death of her husband Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. But when – in her 95 years – has the queen ever been out of the news?
Discover the early life of Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor from our in-house royalty expert Traci Hoffman. Follow Elizabeth’s life from birth to World War to world tours to coronation. You’ll also learn about the people and events that shaped Elizabeth’s life and prepared her to become queen.
Traci was kind enough to include a Royal Reading List, in case her talk whets your appetite for more from the World of Windsor. Her suggestions include:
- Elizabeth & Margaret: The Intimate World of the Windsor Sisters by Andrew Morton
- Daughter of Empire: My Life as a Mountbatten by Pamela Hicks
- The Final Curtsey by Margaret Rhodes
- Lady in Waiting: My Extraordinary Life in the Shadow of the Crown by Anne Glenconner
- The Windsor Diaries, 1940-45: My Childhood with the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret by Alathea Fitzalan Howard.