Stephanie Ruozzo, director of education and engagement for Cleveland Opera Theater, visited us earlier this month and discussed:
- how the music and plots of famous operas still pervade pop culture
- why animation — from Bugs Bunny to The Simpsons to Trolls — so often incorporates opera
- why Cleveland Opera Theater’s mission is Opera For All
- where to begin when listening to opera
- which sequence from Fantasia is her favorite
By the way, if you’re looking for an introduction to opera, you can stream these Great Courses from composer and professor Robert Greenberg for free with your Mentor Public Library card.