Our resident historian Dr. John Foster continues his year-long series on the American Revolution by discussing the making of the US Constitution.
- why the Articles of Confederation failed
- how close the country came to collapse in its post-revolutionary years
- how states with disparate goals and interests compromised to create a Constitution that has stood the test of time for more than 200 years.
This program is the third in a 4-part series about the American Revolution. You can watch the first two parts online, as well.
- Geopolitical and intellectual origins of the American Revolution
- Military History of the American Revolution
Foster concludes his series with a talk about Alexander Hamilton and the Federalist papers on Thursday, Sept. 26.
In addition to being a reference librarian, Foster has a doctorate degree in history. He has taught history at both high school and college levels. Previously, he has led series on the Battles of World War II and US Presidents of the 20th Century.