Best-selling and award-winning mystery writer D.M. Pulley will talk about her newest book, No One’s Home, when she visits our Main Branch at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8.
The only thing Pulley loves more than a good mystery is a haunted house, and her newest book has both. In No One’s Home, horrors await the Spielman family as they move into a foreclosed mansion, looking for a fresh start. But secrets in the mansion’s and Spielman family’s pasts don’t stay hidden.
Pulley’s talk is free to attend and open to all. Due to limited space, we do require that you register beforehand. You can register online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 247. Pulley’s books will be available for sale and signing after her talk.
Pulley’s visit is part of the Month of Mystery at Mentor Public Library. Throughout October, some of the best mystery and true-crime authors will be speaking at the library, including:
- Vivien Chien, author of the excellent Noodle Shop mystery series, will discuss her newest book, “Dim Sum of all Fears,” at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Mark W. Stone and author James Badal (In the Wake of the Butcher: Cleveland’s Torso Murders) at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 7.
- Award-winning mystery writer D.M. Pulley to discuss her newest novel, No One’s Home, at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8.
- Kylie Logan (also known as Casey Daniels), the author of the League of Literary Ladies and Pepper Martin Mysteries series, at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
- Brad Ricca, author of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes, the phenomenal true story of Grace Humiston, the first woman U.S. District Attorney, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Jane Ann Turzillo, who will take us on a tour of the murderers, tricksters, train robbers, and more in Ohio’s wicked past at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
All of these author visits are open to all, free to attend, and require registration. Additionally, they’re all hosted at our Main Branch.
During our Mystery Month, you can also:
- Learn about the eerie and odd legends of Lake County on Thursday, Oct. 10, at our Main Branch.
- Explore the secrets of the Lizzie Borden murders, the sinking of the Titanic and more with professional magician Jim Kleefeld on Tuesday, Oct. 15, at our Main Branch.
We also have mystery programs for all ages and at all of our branches, so visit our event calendar to see which intrigue you.