Families can play a Fairy Tale-themed, super-sized game of Clue at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 2, at our Main Branch. We’re transforming our Village Room into an enormous game board where families can play together (or against each other.)
Families can work together to solve the crime and catch the sinister villain who has poisoned the princess.
The game’s free and open to all—ages eight and older, please. We only ask that people register beforehand. You can sign up online or call us at (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
By the way, our game is just part of our Month of Mystery at Mentor Public Library. Throughout October, some of the best mystery and true-crime authors will be visiting us, including:
- Vivien Chien, author of the popular Noodle Shop mystery series, at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Mark W. Stone and author James Badal (In the Wake of the Butcher: Cleveland’s Torso Murders) at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 7.
- Award-winning mystery writer D.M. Pulley to discuss her newest novel, No One’s Home, at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8.
- Kylie Logan (also known as Casey Daniels), the author of the League of Literary Ladies and Pepper Martin Mysteries series, at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
- Brad Ricca, author of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes, the phenomenal true story of Grace Humiston, the first woman U.S. District Attorney, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Jane Ann Turzillo, who will take us on a tour of the murderers, tricksters, train robbers, and more in Ohio’s wicked past at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
All of these author visits are open to all, free to attend, and require registration. Additionally, they’re all hosted at our Main Branch.
During our Mystery Month, you can also:
- Learn about the eerie and odd legends of Lake County on Thursday, Oct. 10, at our Main Branch.
- Explore the secrets of the Lizzie Borden murders, the sinking of the Titanic and more with professional magician Jim Kleefeld on Tuesday, Oct. 15, at our Main Branch.
We also have mystery programs for all ages and at all of our branches, so visit our event calendar to see which intrigue you.