Mentor Public Library is distributing eclipse glasses before the Total Solar Eclipse on April 8! You can receive them one of two ways:
- Register on our event calendar to pick up to two pairs of glasses per family at our Main Branch.
- Receive a pair of glasses for attending or participating in specific programs this February, March, and April.
Signing Up for your Free Eclipse Glasses
Registration begins on March 1.
To sign up, you must have an adult CLEVNET card in good standing.
You can pick up your glasses from the Front Desk at the Main Branch. You can receive up to two pairs of glasses per family, because we are trying to share glasses with as many families are possible.
All glasses must be picked up by April 3.
Receiving glasses for program attendance & participation
Attendees for the following programs will each receive one pair of glasses:
- Space Themed Trading Cards on Feb. 19
- Escaping the Moon’s Shadow on Feb. 22
- Sew Much Fun: Solar Eclipse Glasses Holder on March 4
- Commemorative Solar Eclipse Tote on March 6 and 13
- Solar-Viewing Glasses Case on March 7 and 14
- A Celestial Dance of Light and Shadows on March 11
- Moonbear’s Shadow on March 15
- In the Shadow of the Moon: Total Eclipse 2024 on March 19
- Solar Eclipse Slate Coasters on March 20 and 27
- Eclipse Path of Totality Wooden Wall Décor on March 21 and 28
- Eclipse T-Shirts on March 25 while supplies last
- Solar Science Crafts on March 29
- Science Saturday: Be Eclipse Smart on March 30
- Solar Art Soiree on March 30
- Total Eclipse of the Sun Extravaganza on April 6
- Science Saturday: Be Eclipse Smart on April 6
- Pizza Box Eclipse Viewer on April 6
Registration is required for most of these programs. You can sign up with the hyperlinks above or by calling Mentor Public Library. Registration typically opens two weeks before the program’s date.
We’re also hosting a Science Readathon from March 1 to 30. Kids and teens can receive a pair of eclipse glasses when they check out any two science books at Lake, Headlands, or the Children’s Department at Main. Maximum of two pairs per family for the month or until supplies run out.
Finally, we’ll have a small number of eclipse glasses for the public on the day of the eclipse at our Main, Lake, and Headlands Branches. (The HUB will be closed on April 8, since school will not be in session.)