We’re hosting seven computer classes at our Main Branch, including basic introductions to computers, the Internet and Facebook.
The classes include:
- an introduction to computers—our most basic class—at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28. People will learn the basic skills they need to use a computer—no previous experience required.
- Microsoft Word I at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28, and Microsoft Word II at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 29. Learn basic and then progressively more advanced techniques for Microsoft Word.
- introduction to Facebook at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 29. The hands-on class will demonstrate basic Facebook features and tips. Please come to class with your Facebook login information and password.
- basic Internet skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 29. Learn how to navigate the Internet. Participants will need to know how to use a keyboard and a mouse for this class.
- basic email skills at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30. Learn how to send emails and attachments, as well as reply to other people’s emails.
- introduction to PowerPoint at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30. Learn the basics of PowerPoint and how to make a polished professional presentation.
All of the classes are free. However, registration is required; and, because space is limited, people will want to sign up as soon as possible. Anyone can register by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 247.
By the way, if you need help with Facebook, Instagram or some other social media, you should check out Niche Academy. Niche offers short video tutorials that you can watch for free and at your convenience. Learn how to:
- Borrow and read eBooks and digital magazines with OverDrive, Libbyand Flipster
- stream m, usic, television shows, documentaries and movies with Freegal, Hoopla and Kanopy
- use library databases like Ancestry.com, Consumer Reports, Select Reads and Legal Forms
Niche Academy also offers videos that explain how to use online tools like Gmail, Goodreads and social media, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. All of these video tutorials are available for free. You can watch as many as you like at mentorpl.org/niche.